Tuesday, March 31, 2009

What's cooking?

Well right from the beginning, I had vowed to myself not to enter the kitchen. So much so that I had declared that I would not have a kitchen in my house. This thought was assuring to me because in such a case I won’t be expected to cook even at the time of needs.

Cut to today- While I am writing this blog, at the same time planning for today’s menu. By planning I mean I would be the main chef as well. I had never thought that I would ever cook on a regular basis and handle the entire show all by self. To my surprise I am enjoying every bit of it. I feel disappointed too when some thing which I cook doesn’t turn up well.

It’s been two months since I have entered the world of cooking and have enjoyed some compliments from my hubby and friends. I am just wondering if those compliments were genuine enough or just to please me. Never mind, I would continue to cook :). Infact now I am thinking to take next leap in the cooking journey. Experiment with the existing recipies and learn new recipies. Oh no don’t worry by now I know what could be really poisonous in taste. I swear I have no intention to torture my guinea pigs with extreme vague experiments.

I know for sure my friends would find this news hard to stomach and would not believe me until they see a live demo of my cooking. Hmm we will see when it comes to that situation, but for time I gotta go and prepare palak paneer, rajma chawal, and halwa for lunch!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HI
I saw your comment on the Kitchen Cure blog on the Apartment Therapy site.

I found a great site in the UK that has heaps of ideas for using leftovers.

It's called Love Food Hate Waste and I've already taken a few ideas into my kitchen.

slan (from Ireland)

Liz

Ritz said...

thanks:)